Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Next Chapter Begins...

The last couple weeks have been very exciting and yet, so emotional. I am so proud of my husband, who last week accepted a new position of VP of Human Resources for a successful, growing organization in Charlottesville, Virginia. At 31 years old, he will be a VP, and it really is amazing how much he has accomplished at his age. Obtaining his doctorate earlier this year and now this. I know I have said it before, but I am a very lucky girl.

With his new job, that means we will be making the move to Virginia early next year to start a new chapter in our lives. I will have the opportunity to stay home with the babies for awhile and possibly go back to school, something I never imagined I would be able to do. Its such an important time in the babies lives and their development and I am so excited to be able to spend this time them before they start school in a couple years. As everyone always tells me, you will never get this time back. They will never be this age again and they are growing so fast.  From what I read, Charlottesville offers a fairly laid back lifestyle. Its not a big city, but its not a small town either. I am looking forward to a slightly slower pace of life and even the chance to experience all 4 seasons again.

Of course, this change is very scary as well. My eyes well up with tears when I think of all the goodbyes ahead. We will be leaving our entire support system, my mom, my sister, my nephew, all our friends, our nanny, and my work family will all be tough for me to leave. So many people we love and so many friendships we treasure. We have built a good life here in Phoenix and even though this move is the best thing for our family, a part of us will always be here in Arizona.

My last day at Club Med is January 17th and Tommy starts his new job the week before. Between now and then we will be focused on getting this house sold, so we don't have to live apart for two long. The plan is hopefully to make the move in the start of February if all goes well. Tommy and I will be traveling to Charlottesville at some point to try and find a place to live.

 You can expect many more blog entries in the weeks and months to come, and even more once we move. Something else I look forward to is catching up on my writing. Lots to share with the world. I am so grateful we have been given this new opportunity for our family and am so proud of my husband. Prayers for our family are always appreciated as we make this big, exciting but scary leap across the country.

Someone at work sent me this quote and I loved it! So true!

"You never know what life is going to throw at you so don't be afraid to take a chance, because it might just be the best thing to ever happen to you!" -Abhishek Tiwari


No comments:

Post a Comment