Friday, July 1, 2011

13 Weeks!

Today was a great day! More than great! Wonderful. Last week I left the doctor feeling nervous and unsure. They were not able to get the measurements they needed because the babies were not cooperating. They are very stubborn already! For some reason my mom and husband think this is funny....I can't imagine why. Anyway, today they saw what they needed and the babies look great, healthy, at very little risk for any abnormalities. Yay! Also, my hematoma blood clot was barely noticeable. Its there, but much smaller. So small, she said, she would not have noticed it if I had not brought it up! This is such a huge weight off my shoulders! I still have to take it easy, but at least I can worry less and enjoy the pregnancy more.

The doctor even hinted at what the sexes are but I can't share that just yet. Not until they are sure. For now though, we have an idea and it was very exciting to see! My mind is spinning!

The doctor told me today that most women with triplets can expect some kind of bed rest around 24 weeks and that it may include hospital bed rest. She said enjoy the next month or so because it will be harder and harder for me to do anything. Tommy and I are going to try and get as much done as we can now so later I don't feel like I am missing out on any of it. At 24 weeks, I am supposed to be as big as someone who is full term. Oh my, I will be so big!

That's all for now - healthy babies - healthy momma - lots to do! :-)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting journey....the blog is such a neat way to Let everyone be a part of it! We send you all of our prayers and good thoughts.....can't wait for your next post! Love you both!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you for writing about your experience. Years from now my future grandchildren will be able to read about it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad they were able to see the babies and get what they needed, it is so nerve racking when you leave the doctors office unsure. They are right about the bedrest, I went on hospital bedrest @ 27 weeks, My belly measured full term @ 25 weeks, lol. Your best bet is to take it as easy as possible now & keep the pressure of your cervix, even this early...

    ReplyDelete