Monday, June 11, 2012

Just when we thought we had a plan...


I thought it might be time for a new blog update. I remember the days when I was updating the blog at least once a week. Now I am lucky if I can get to it once a month. This time last year I think I was already on modified bed rest or getting close to it at that point. I spent a lot of time lying on the couch with my feet up and I had the time to write and post pictures. Now everything I do is on my phone, because I am never sitting on the couch with my feet up and if I am it’s after the babies are in bed and I am too tired to write. So funny how different everything is now. I went from being super bored out of my mind on bed rest to spending every day in the hospital for three months after the babies were born, to trying to juggle caring for them, playing with them, work, dogs, and somehow be a good wife, daughter, sister, and friend to everyone else. Sheesh! I am sure I am making lots of mistakes, but hey what can you do? These last couple weeks have been especially chaotic. Our nanny who we love and the babies love is very sick and not able to help us any longer. We are very sad about this, but mostly sad about her situation. She is very young and facing an extremely dangerous illness. Its life or death, so I guess our situation seems pretty simple when you think about it. And it is. When I think back to how close we were to losing Jolynne those first few days, this is nothing really. Nothing we can’t handle. So, we are looking for a new nanny, someone as patient and flexible as the last one, and on top of that trying to find a new home for one of our dogs, Maddox. It’s a very tough decision and one I won’t speak too much about because it’s just very hard, but we know as spread thin as we are now, we cannot give him the love and attention he needs and deserves.

The babies are growing so fast! They are 7 months now, 5.5 months adjusted. They are all over the place! Jolynne is scooting everywhere. If she sees something she wants she starts moving towards it. She’s the smallest but she gets around more than the other two. She and Georgia are really starting to act more like the twins that they are. They make some of the same facial expressions and sounds and its really stinking cute! Mickey, our big, strong boy, is very sensitive. He doesn’t like loud noises or running water, or really any water very much. He doesn’t like to be out of our sight and he doesn’t like to wait for his food. He is very demanding. He yells a lot when we are with the girls and slams his hands down in protest. I think he thinks he is an only child. Oh boy, is he in for a surprise! They are so great though. Their personalities are so awesome. We have started taking them out more to restaurants and other people’s houses. It’s a lot of work, it’s a process, but nice to be out and about, and also make us appreciate the days we are just at home with nowhere to be. For awhile there we both felt kind of stuck at home with the babies. I think we are all becoming a little more mobile now. I am really looking forward to them being able to hold their own bottles. Right now we have bottles 4 times a day and baby food three times a day and we are doing it all. When they can hold their own bottles that will at least free up a little time, so that we can be doing other things, like laundry! LOL. We do baby laundry every day. First of all we have to change their sheets every day because they drool and spit up all over them during naps. The activity mats and blankets, same thing only worse! And their high chairs are a disaster. When we get done feeding them, there is mush everywhere; the seats, the trays, their clothes, their hair, their legs, the floor, and I’m sure the walls are next. It’s almost a full time job just trying to keep all their stuff clean! BUT, it’s also very entertaining! Sometimes, I sit back in awe of them! How wonderful they are and when they look at me and smile, I am puddy in their hands. Sometimes I do wish I had more time to spend with each of them. When I leave for work they are just waking up and when I get home, I am here for one round of bottles and dinner and baths before bed. Remember with three babies everything takes three times as long, so the one thing you are missing is that one on one time that I sometimes wish I had with each of them. But I am triple blessed and wouldn’t have it any other way. I thought to myself today when I started to stress about finding someone to watch the babies until we found another nanny, there is no time to stress, only do, and so I did.

Family Swimming Picture with Special Guest, Matthew (my nephew)


Nana and Georgia




Georgia 7 months



Jolynne 7 months



Mickey 7  months



2 comments:

  1. The babies all look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete