Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby Shower Fun

I just had my baby shower on Saturday, September 10th and it was better than I ever imagined it would be. If any of you have ever known the feeling of wanting something so badly and thinking you may never get to experience it, well, lets just say that is me when it comes to the baby shower, or really just having babies. My friends did an awesome job at making it a memorable experience for me and it was of course, a very emotional day for me.

It all started the night before the shower when i met my friends Christie and Wendy (who were throwing me the shower) for dinner to celebrate Wendy's birthday. After I sat down at the table, out popped Christina, who came all the way from Sarasota to surprise me. I know it was so hard for her to leave her 10 month old for the first time and come all that way but it meant the world to me that she was there. We had a great dinner filled with many laughs, lots of wine (not me) and many silly pictures, so the shower weekend had begun!

Not only did Christina come from Florida, but Stefani from Tulsa and Maureen from California and a ton of family from Tuscon and Safford. I really never expected so many people from out of town to be there, I thought it would be a small shower, but actually there were so many people there and I felt so special all my friends and family came so far to see me and celebrate the babies.

The shower was a French theme, because I am in love with Paris. It was one place Tommy and I went on our honeymoon. The first game was matching English baby words to French baby words and you would think since I am trying to learn French through Rosetta Stone right now, I would have known more but I really only knew a few answers. I guess I have not gotten to the baby section of my studies yet. My friend Lauren won that contest. She came to the shower even though her new baby is only two weeks old. Bless her heart.

There was yummy food everywhere, salad, cheese, crackers, fruit, and croissant sandwiches which I am still enjoying today. Christie made her cake pops and I could probably eat about 10 of those they are so good! The cake was beautiful as well. The next game was where they cut the yarn to try to guess how big my belly was. A lot of people got really close but Ryan, my sister  in law, actually got it dead on! I thought it was so cool that she won!

The girls had a photo booth set up with a Paris poster in the background, berets and a fake mustache for people to take turns taking their pictures together. What a cute idea! We started opening presents soon after and that's when the water works began. All I had to do was open the card from my 11 year old nephew, Matthew and I was crying. I don't know why. It was just the sweetest card and I guess my hormones are just in full swing, along with the fact I have been waiting for this for so long. It was not the only card I cried at. It was hard to stop there. You could just tell my friends and family put so much thought into what they wrote or the cards they choose and even some of the gifts,  it just really touched my heart.

We ended up getting a lot of the items we needed and we even got some home made baby blankets. Someone my mom works with made us picture frames, one for each baby, with their names in different colors. So darn cute!

All in all it was a very special day, filled with good friends, family, great food, fun games, smiles and hugs. These babies will be so loved. Lastly I just want to say thanks to Christie and Wendy for throwing me the most amazing baby shower (they made all the food, desserts and even the banner themselves) and to Christina for coming all this way to help them out and be there for me, and to everyone else who traveled from near or far for being there to make it such a memorable experience for me. Love to all! God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment