Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy

I am so excited that I hit the 18 week mark today! I cannot believe it hardly. I remember clearly at 9 weeks, just wanting to make it to 12 and then to 15 and now I am at 18 weeks! I still have a long way to go and as you know we still have some hurdles to get through but today I want to write about all the normal, little things that go along with being pregnant. These things that I may only get to experience once in my life time and some I only want to experience once.

I think today is the first day in two weeks I have put on makeup. I don't see the point anymore now that I am working from home. The farthest I normally go from the door of my house is outside to the pool or down the street for the mail. Even when I have a doctor's appointment I don't put on make up anymore. I figure I usually cry, whether they are happy tears or sad tears and then the makeup is all over my face and I look even worse. But today I did put some on and it was kind of nice actually. Made me feel like not such a blob on the couch which is how I feels sometimes.

Speaking of make up and such, I thought pregnant women were supposed to have this clear, glowing skin....not me. I look like I am 13 again, my face is breaking out so bad, and I'm wearing less makeup so not sure what the problem is there. My other issue now is my fingers and my hands. They don't look swollen but they are super sore and stiff. I guess you can get carpel tunnel when pregnant and then when you have the babies, it just goes away. Weird! Anyway, I am wearing a wrist brace at night to keep my hand from bending in weird directions. Its seems to be helping a little. Its pretty funny watching me trying to get up from laying in bed or on the couch. I cant put the weight on my hands so its quite the struggle. Tommy is now opening everything for me, including water bottles. I cant twist the caps off. On a side note, my feet seem to be OK for the moment, I don't use them that much though.

I love watching my belly get bigger. It the only time I will be excited about gaining weight! The bigger I am, the healthier the babies are. I wish we could do more baby shopping but I am just not ready to yet with everything else going on. I am really excited to get back to working on the nursery though. The last appointment, the babies weighed 7-8 oz which is right where they should be. I guess they are as big as a bell pepper! I cant feel them yet, but should be any time now. They are so active every ultrasound though, its amazing to me!

1 comment:

  1. I had pregnancy induced carpel tunnel too, it is so strange & it does just disappear once you have the babies :) I'm glad to hear they are growing well, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete